DEMAT does not underestimate the importance of continuing professional development. It is a career-long obligation for practicing professionals in the education sector, so that we can ensure the learning and support services we provide in school is of the highest quality.
It is the personal responsibility of all DEMAT professionals to keep their knowledge and skills current so that they can deliver a high quality of service.
But continuing professional development should be engaging and fun too.
We are continually seeking to find fit for purpose training and development that meets the needs of our staff.
DEMAT believes that
- CPD ensures your capabilities keep pace with the current standards of others in the education sector.
- It ensures that you maintain and enhance the knowledge and skills you need to deliver a high quality and professional service to our community.
- It ensures that you and your knowledge stay relevant and up to date. The pace of change is probably faster than it’s ever been – If you stand still you will get left behind, as the currency of your knowledge and skills becomes outdated.
- CPD helps you continue to make a meaningful contribution to your academy so that you become more effective in the workplace. This assists you to advance in your career and move into new positions where you can lead, manage, influence, coach and mentor others.
- It helps you to stay interested and interesting. Experience is a great teacher, but it does mean that we tend to do what we have done before. Focused CPD opens you up to new possibilities, new knowledge and new skill areas.